Gary Keogh, Director, Colt Ireland said: “Ireland is an exciting place for Colt because of the enormous success of its ICT sector which continues to grow, particularly in the Dublin area. Our continued investment here will ensure Ireland remains right at the heart of Europe’s network infrastructure and the location of choice for large enterprises across a number of sectors.”
“We see significant opportunities in Ireland thanks to its business-friendly environment and skilled workforce. Underpinning this is the need for a world-class network infrastructure and this is where Colt leads the way by providing the last-mile fibre to over 250 locations in Dublin and acting as a vital gateway to Europe,” says Mr Keogh. “Colt continues to actively invest in Ireland since entering the market twelve years ago, providing major multinationals with connectivity back into mainland Europe to support their business needs. The vast majority of the top 30 ICT and finance companies in Ireland are customers of Colt.”
Colt currently carries over 500Gbps of traffic across the Irish Sea – equivalent to 15,000 hours of video every minute of every day. Today’s announcement extends Colt’s total capacity between Dublin and London to 4.8Tbps (4,800Gbps). The route, which is part of Colt’s wider strategic network investment plan for Europe, incorporates the new Sea Fibre Networks cable, CeltixConnect (the shortest, most diverse sub-sea link between Ireland and the UK) and has an optical layer based on the Infinera DTN platform for seamless integration into Colt’s existing 100Gbps ready long distance network.
About Colt’s unique European network
- Colt’s network has been designed to meet the needs of its customers, including carriers and the financial and media/broadcast enterprise segments, where low latency and high bandwidth transport is vital. It is ready to support new technical solutions driven by customer demand, including IPv6 and 100Gbps Ethernet. The network is underpinned by robust systems and processes to enable proactive monitoring and rapid provisioning of services supported by end-to-end Service Level Agreements.
- The geographic situation of Colt’s infrastructure is unique and consists of a 43,000km European network connecting 39 metropolitan area networks, 100+ cities and 20 Colt data centres, as well as 27,000 km of transatlantic routes and US presence. Colt also connects 800 Network to Network Interfaces (NNIs) with over 150 selected network partners, extending Colt’s global reach to more than 200 countries servicing access needs for European businesses.
- In Ireland, Colt connects directly over 250 buildings to its European infrastructure.
Colt is Europe’s leading information delivery platform, enabling its customers to deliver, share, process and store their vital business information. An established leader in delivering integrated computing and network services to major organisations, midsized businesses and wholesale customers, Colt operates a 22-country, 43,000km network that includes metropolitan area networks in 39 major European cities with direct fibre connections into 18,000 buildings and 20 Colt data centres (including one in development).
In 2010, the Colt Data Centre Services business was launched to deliver innovative high quality modular data centres which are rapid to deploy and power efficient.
Colt is listed on the London Stock Exchange (COLT). Information about Colt and its services can be found at www.colt.net.
Weber Shandwick, Eoin Quinn
DDI: +353 1 6760168
Mobile: +353 87 233 2191
Colt, Francois d’Essertaux
Mobile: +44 7538 095 485
Industry analysts’ contact
Loudhouse, Agi Donnithorne
DDI: + 44 (0)8453 700655
Mobile: +44 (0)7595 003328
What's your goal today?
1. Are you on the Colt IQ network?
Our network connects over 31,000 buildings worldwide powering companies such as Hitachi, Atos, Forbes, Arthur D Little, Brussels Airlines and thousands of others. Find out if you're Colt connected now.
2. Learn about digital infrastructure
We've written thousands of guides and white papers, regularly publish content on our blog and host regular events on everything from enterprise network connectivity, to cloud, digital transformation and the hybrid workforce.
3. Join our team
To learn more about joining our team of over 5000 people around the world, and to browse our current open roles visit https://careers.colt.net/.