New Digital Infrastructure Report from Colt reveals Singapore companies outpacing global counterparts in France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK and Spain in deploying traditional AI and generative AI
Singapore, 20th September 2023 – Colt Technology Services, the digital infrastructure company, today published research from its new Digital Infrastructure report, ‘Building intelligence into your business’.
In the study of 755 senior IT decision-makers from France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, Singapore and Spain, Singapore companies surveyed who have aspects of intelligent digital infrastructure within their organisations outpaced their peers in the deployment of traditional AI (49% in Singapore vs. global average of 47%) and generative AI (52% vs. 45%). In addition, 9 in 10 Singapore IT leaders surveyed plan are already using or planning to adopt AI in their development roadmaps.
The results also reveal that hopes are high for digital infrastructure to support wider business goals, from ESG commitments to employee retention, as powerful, sustainable enterprise networks form the foundations for businesses of the future.
Keri Gilder, CEO, Colt Technology Services said, “2023 will be remembered as the year generative AI went mainstream, dominating conversations in cafes, on the sidelines of sports pitches, in homes and in the workplace, so this year we’ve refocused our digital infrastructure report to track AI’s monumental impact on businesses.”
The research found that Singapore companies surveyed use or plan to use AI in the following business functions:
- Digital Infrastructure management – 52% already using, 43% planning to use (global average: 45% and 44%)
- Operations – 52% already using, 39% planning to use (global average: 44% and 44%)
- Sales – 50% already using, 42% planning to use (global average: 43% and 45%)
- Marketing – 50% already using, 42% planning to use (global average: 44% and 44%)
- Human resources – 47% already using, 44% planning to use (global average: 45% and 42%)
- Security – 47% already using, 40% planning to use (global average: 44% and 42%)
- Research & development – 47% already using, 37% planning to use (global average: 44% and 43%)
- Risk management – 46% already using, 43% planning to use (global average: 44% and 45%)
- Service/product delivery – 45% already using, 44% planning to use (global average: 43% and 43%)
- Training staff – 45% already using, 41% planning to use (global average: 41% and 46%)
- Customer experience – 44% already using, 44% planning to use (global average: 42% and 46%)
- Fraud detection – 44% already using, 41% planning to use (global average: 45% and 44%)
- Data analysis – 43% already using, 50% planning to use (global average: 42% and 45%)
- Using a custom AI platform – 41% already using, 46% planning to use (global average: 42% and 45%)
As organisations embrace new working practices and as high-profile tech applications bridge the consumer/enterprise gap, a wider understanding of the strategic benefits of digital infrastructure is influencing IT spending. Across all countries surveyed, 92% have already invested or intend to invest in intelligent digital infrastructure and spending on digital infrastructure is set to rise by 17% on average over the next 12-14 months.
The research also outlines the rise of the consumption-based network, as global uncertainty drives businesses to build in flex to their organisations wherever they can with 90% of global survey respondents who have aspects of intelligent digital infrastructure already using or planning to use On Demand connectivity.
“We’ve reached a defining moment, as enterprises look to their network to solve strategic business challenges,” said Keri. “Digital infrastructure is no longer a means to connect A to B, but it’s the driving force behind the global economy.”
The complete report can be downloaded at https://www.colt.net/go/digital-infrastructure-report-2023/
Methodology: 755 senior IT decision makers, aged 18 and over, were interviewed by Censuswide, the research consultants, between 13.07.2023 and 24.07.2023. Survey respondents included cloud decision-makers and C-suite leaders, in companies with 5,000 employees or more in France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, Singapore and Spain. Censuswide abides by and employs members of the Market Research Society and follows the MRS code of conduct which is based on the ESOMAR principles.
Out of the above, 108 senior IT decision makers in Singapore were interviewed.
About Colt Technology Services
Colt Technology Services (Colt) is a global digital infrastructure company which creates extraordinary connections to help businesses succeed. Powered by amazing people and like-minded partners, Colt is driven by its purpose: to put the power of the digital universe in the hands of its customers, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Since 1992, Colt has set itself apart through its deep commitment to its customers, growing from its heritage in the City of London to more than 60 offices around the world. The powerful Colt IQ Network connects 222 cities and 32 countries with more than 1000 data centres, 51 Metropolitan Area Networks and over 31,000 buildings across Europe, Asia and North America’s largest business hubs. Privately owned, Colt is one of the most financially sound companies in the sector.
Obsessed with delivering industry-leading customer experience, Colt is guided by its dedication to customer innovation, by its values and its responsibility to its customers, partners, people and planet.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
What's your goal today?
1. Are you on the Colt IQ network?
Our network connects over 31,000 buildings worldwide powering companies such as Hitachi, Atos, Forbes, Arthur D Little, Brussels Airlines and thousands of others. Find out if you're Colt connected now.
2. Learn about digital infrastructure
We've written thousands of guides and white papers, regularly publish content on our blog and host regular events on everything from enterprise network connectivity, to cloud, digital transformation and the hybrid workforce.
3. Join our team
To learn more about joining our team of over 5000 people around the world, and to browse our current open roles visit https://careers.colt.net/.