We’re excited to announce that Colt has been awarded the Menopause Friendly Employer Accreditation for creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels able to talk about the menopause and individuals are given the support they need.
This makes Colt only one of a handful in our industry to have this accreditation. While this is a UK accreditation we have been applying best practices globally and will continue to do this, so that all those experiencing menopause in the workplace can benefit and receive support.
Henpicked: Menopause in the Workplace’s independent panel sets the benchmark standards for employers to achieve Menopause Friendly Accreditation. The panel is made up of the UK’s leading experts from across different industries to assess what employers have achieved in the following areas, in regards to menopause awareness and support: culture, policies and practices, training, engagement, facilities and evaluation.
Since we committed to becoming a Menopause Friendly Employer in May 2022, we have undertaken significant strides towards creating an inclusive working environment, including:
- Menopause in the Workplace internal intranet area: We have introduced a holistic package of support for Colties at all stages of the menopause. This includes: guidelines, resources, support, and contact information to help you through and help you support those experiencing the menopause.
- Menopause Champions: We introduced Menopause Champions to provide support and sign posting to further support, most importantly they are a point of contact for those experiencing or those who know someone experiencing menopause.
- Menopause Musings Podcast: We launched our own internal podcast series interviewing individuals about their experiences.
- Support group: We created a Menopause Support group on Facebook Workplace. Anyone can join if they want to talk about the menopause, need support or want to find out more. Within the group, members can share tips on how to manage symptoms and where to go for further support.
- Menopause Guidelines for Managers and Employees: Our menopause guidelines were launched in 2021 to provide support for employees as well as those who are directly and indirectly affected. With the aim of making the guidelines more inclusive, in 2022, we added two new sections on endometriosis and how transgender and non-binary employees can also be affected by menopause.
Menopause has been a taboo subject for too long. We want to create a culture where the menopause experience is understood and supported, where people are empowered to look after their own wellbeing at all stages of their working life, and where the menopause doesn’t hold individuals back at an age when many are at the peak of their careers. To achieve this we’re creating an environment in which individuals and their managers feel comfortable talking about it, so that we can offer support.