Colt is proud to have been certified compliant with the ITW Global Leaders Forum (GLF) Code of Conduct, demonstrating the company’s active work to stop fraudulent voice traffic in international telecommunications.
This makes Colt one of only 19 carriers to be able to provide this mark of assurance to its customers and suppliers.
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to set the benchmark of behaviour that carriers should seek to attain to ensure that there is consistent action taken across the industry to fight against fraudulent traffic. It focusses on six principles related to targets and reporting, processes, destinations, payment flows, information sharing and contracting.
These principles are:
- Targets for prevention of fraudulent traffic to be included within management reporting
- Carriers to adhere to i3 Forum recommended processes to detect and avoid fraud
- Identified fraudulent number ranges and destinations to be blocked
- All reasonable action to be taken to avoid payment flows to the instigators of fraudulent traffic
- Commitment to share information regarding fraudulent traffic flows with carrier peers
- Adoption of standard contracting terms addressing fraudulent traffic management
Colt scored over 70% in each of the six principles, highlighting that the fight against fraudulent traffic is a priority, with the business is taking real action against it.
Looking forward, Colt will continue to be committed to increasing the sharing of information between itself and other carriers to accelerate the blocking of fraudulent traffic, and to support the growth of emerging technologies, such as DLT-based solutions.
Kamaljeet Kumar is Associate Snr. Manager, Anti-Fraud Operations at Colt
What's your goal today?
1. Are you on the Colt IQ network?
Our network connects over 31,000 buildings worldwide powering companies such as Hitachi, Atos, Forbes, Arthur D Little, Brussels Airlines and thousands of others. Find out if you're Colt connected now.
2. Learn about digital infrastructure
We've written thousands of guides and white papers, regularly publish content on our blog and host regular events on everything from enterprise network connectivity, to cloud, digital transformation and the hybrid workforce.
3. Join our team
To learn more about joining our team of over 5000 people around the world, and to browse our current open roles visit https://careers.colt.net/.