Heading into 2021, Colt has unveiled its focus for the coming years, which will see it build on its strong network foundations, leverage its digital strengths, and foster a culture of innovation.
London, UK, 18th November 2020 – Colt Technology Services has today announced a new three-year strategy and organisational structure, to better align Colt to today’s shifting market dynamics.
The new strategy centres around continuing to develop Colt’s IQ Network through innovation and accelerating growth through the power of its people – taking what’s always been in Colt’s DNA and ensuring the business is agile enough to support enterprises as they move into the future.
The strategy can be broken down further into four areas of focus, which are;
- Increasing Colt’s relevance to the enterprise and capturing the SD WAN market.
- Co-building, co-creating and co-developing with cloud builders.
- Doubling down on the customer experience.
- Optimising foundations for future sustainability.
To ensure Colt is best placed to execute this strategy, a new organisational structure has also been announced. Made up of seven pillars, this structure aims to foster greater collaboration both inside the organisation, as well as with customers and partners.
The new structure is comprised of the below pillars;
- Technology & Security – Streamlining Colt’s systems and processes, as well as enhancing security and harnessing data.
- Operations & Engineering – Driving service improvement with a close alignment to Colt’s engineering capabilities.
- Strategy & Transformation – Managing and driving strategic roadmap and relationships, while aligning our communications to elevate our purpose and vision.
- Sales, Marketing & Customer Relationship Management – The CCO function reimagined, focusing on customers and how we can better cater to their needs.
- Human Resources – Ensuring people remain at the heart of what we do.
- Finance – Continuing to drive a competitive edge for Colt.
- General Counsel – Continuing to keep Colt safe and assist customers navigate the ever changing regulatory environment.
As part of this shift, Ashish Surti, Avijit Singh and Robin Farnan have all been elevated to Colt’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
Ashish will hold the newly created role of Executive Vice President – Technology & Security, responsible for Colt’s overall technology and security strategy and execution. Ashish has been with Colt for three years, previously holding the role of Chief Security Officer.
Avijit will now take on the role of Chief of Staff to the CEO, responsible for developing and driving the implementation of strategic initiatives across Colt. He previously held the position of Chief of Staff to the Chief Operating Officer.
Robin will now hold the newly created role of Executive Vice President – Operations & Engineering, responsible for Colt’s overall engineering, delivery and assurance strategy and operations. Robin joined Colt in 2016, as Vice President (VP) Service Assurance and until recently was VP, Service Delivery. These new appointments report into Chief Executive Officer, Keri Gilder.
Other leadership changes that align with the new structure include; Paula Cogan who has been named Executive Vice President – Sales, Marketing & Customer Relationship Management, responsible for driving Colt’s commercial strategy, leading global teams across sales, presales, marketing, and customer relationship management.
- Venkatesh Ravindran has been named VP – Security.
- Carlos Jesus has been named VP – Service Delivery.
- Nola Pocock has been named VP – Global Communications.
- Andrew Edison has been named VP – Global Enterprise and Capital Markets.
- Ruth Welter has been named VP – Global Strategic Alliances.
Speaking to these changes, Gilder said: “This year has been one of momentous change for all of us. While many changes have been thrust upon us, it often takes being forced to do things differently to see where more permanent shifts need to be made. I have spent the last few months since taking on the role of CEO, talking to our people to try and understand how we can optimise our organisation, while remaining true to what’s always been in Colt’s DNA – our network and our customer relationships.
“I believe this new strategy and structure puts Colt in the best possible position to ensure we remain a prominent partner in the connectivity ecosystem and in enterprises’ digital transformations. It also makes me incredibly proud that we have the talent in Colt to lead this change. Ashish, Avijit and Robin have all been key members of the Colt family, and I am so pleased that they are now joining our ELT.”
Colt strives to transform the way the world works through the power of connectivity. The Colt IQ Network connects 900+ data centres across Europe, Asia and North America’s largest business hubs, with over 29,000 on net buildings and growing.
Colt understands business connectivity requirements and provides high performance and high bandwidth solutions to enable customers’ success, with Colt’s vision centering on being the most customer oriented business in the industry. Customers include data intensive organisations spanning over 210 cities in more than 30 countries. Colt is a recognised innovator and pioneer in Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualisation (NFV). Privately owned, Colt is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price. For more information, please visit www.colt.net.
Sarah Homewood – Head of PR
What's your goal today?
1. Are you on the Colt IQ network?
Our network connects over 31,000 buildings worldwide powering companies such as Hitachi, Atos, Forbes, Arthur D Little, Brussels Airlines and thousands of others. Find out if you're Colt connected now.
2. Learn about digital infrastructure
We've written thousands of guides and white papers, regularly publish content on our blog and host regular events on everything from enterprise network connectivity, to cloud, digital transformation and the hybrid workforce.
3. Join our team
To learn more about joining our team of over 5000 people around the world, and to browse our current open roles visit https://careers.colt.net/.