Protect sensitive data in motion with Colt Network Encryption services
Effective network security relies on multiple layers of defense, not just at the edge and core of the network but also along the network path. While much of the focus on security is on users and applications, protecting in-flight data as it travels across the network is a critical component of a holistic security strategy. Colt Network Encryption Services ensure secure connectivity, so whichever the network layer you want to secure, we have an end-to-end encryption service to suit your needs.
Network encryption types
End-to-end encryption for optical services
Optical Encryption is available as an integral part of Wave and Private Wave services. Fully transparent to Ethernet, IP and other network protocols, it provides the very highest levels of performance and security in combination.
- Always on: Optical Encryption is inherent to the core service, and is embedded in the optical hardware for maximum security and performance.Any traffic that has to traverse the optical backbone becomes encrypted by default, reducing the risk of sensitive traffic leaving the enterprise unprotected, providing always on end-to-end encryption
- Wire-speed performance: Operating at Layer 1 of the OSI stack, optical encryption is efficient and scalable. Implemented on the OTN signal layer, the full data payload remains available without latency degradation
- Compliance: Colt’s Network Encryption solution offers FIPS-certified AES-256 encryption with standards-based authentication mechanisms such as X.509 digital certificates, enabling operational simplification with seamless integration into enterprise Public Key Infrastructures
- Flexible deployment: Customers may choose to manage their own encryption keys or request Colt to do so as an additional service option. Flexibility over the siting of Colt’s optical hardware platforms, including within customer-secured environments, enables the Colt solution to be tailored to the customer’s security policies
End-to-end encryption for voice services
Colt Voice Encryption end-to-end encryption solution that provides additional security for your voice services, including both SIP Signalling encryption and audio encryption.
- SIP encryption is offered using SIP Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption, with mutual authentication, and supports both Asymmetric Encryption (AES) and Triple Data Encryption (3DES)
Colt Audio Encryption secures the audio stream with SRTP (Secure Real Time Protocol) media encryption, which is a IETF cryptographic protocol used to provide secure communications over an untrusted network. It provides confidentiality and message integrity for media streams.
Learn more about Colt Cybersecurity Services
Want to learn more about our cybersecurity services?
Check out the rest of our cybersecurity products below.
Dedicated Internet Security Service to actively prevent DDoS attacks. Block cyber threats before they reach you and your firewall.
Network Encryption Services
Protect sensitive data in motion with Colt Network Encryption Services. Secure all network layers with end-to-end encryption for optical and voice services.
The initial impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is only weeks away, with many companies still facing a significant amount of work to be in full compliance. …
Meet Manjyot, Digital Marketing Manager
“Colt strives to achieve excellence and puts its customer at the heart of everything we do, Colt provides a rewarding environment to work in and great opportunities for you to reach your full potential.”Careers at Colt
The two things that Colt does impeccably well is providing us with a robust physical infrastructure that does exactly what it's supposed to do, with no noticeable impact on the user. The second thing is the enhanced reporting.Michael John Lytle
Chief Development Officer, Source