Colt Technology Services evolving Universal CPE (uCPE) proposition represents a shift in how enterprises consume network services.
Tokyo, 4th August 2020 – Colt Technology Services has announced its enhanced universal customer premises equipment (uCPE) solution, which brings the benefits of Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) to enterprises.
This expanded functionality provides a network operating system and hosting environment for Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), such as SD WAN and firewalls, all running on standard off-the-shelf servers, with both provider managed and customer managed NFV applications being run on this platform.
This brings the following benefits of virtualisation to the CPE equipment at the customer site:
1) Colt’s uCPE proposition further puts the network in the hands of the customer, giving them the flexibility to license, manage, monitor functions in service provider or customer managed modes with a choice of network options.
2) Universal CPE enables a move towards virtualisation and edge computing. Colt’s uCPE capability is bringing the cloud from data centres to customer premises, enabling virtualisation at the edge, and represents a paradigm shift in how enterprises consume networking services.
3) Having the applications now run as software on a common server infrastructure, allows for much easier automation and orchestration, than in the past with closed, proprietary hardware boxes.
Masato Hoshino, Head of Asia and Representative Director & President at Colt said: “By enhancing our uCPE offering we are aligning Colt with the future of networking. This approach allows us to deliver virtualised services from the broadest range of suppliers under end-user control. It will also enable Colt to achieve faster product development, cost savings and operational efficiency.
“Colt strives to be a trusted partner as our customers continue along their digital transformation journey’s, and by evolving our uCPE proposition, we are empowering our customers to respond faster to new business opportunities.”
Colt’s uCPE utilises ADVA’s Ensemble Connector as the virtualisation platform and offers a host of VNFs, supporting multiple network functions, such as SD WAN and firewalls.
Colt strives to transform the way the world works through the power of connectivity. The Colt IQ Network connects 900+ data centres across Europe, Asia and North America’s largest business hubs, with over 29,000 on net buildings and growing.
Colt understands business connectivity requirements and provides high performance and high bandwidth solutions to enable customers’ success, with Colt’s vision centering on being the most customer oriented business in the industry. Customers include data intensive organisations spanning over 210 cities in more than 30 countries. Colt is a recognised innovator and pioneer in Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualisation (NFV). Privately owned, Colt is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price. For more information, please visit www.colt.net.
What's your goal today?
1. Are you on the Colt IQ network?
Our network connects over 31,000 buildings worldwide powering companies such as Hitachi, Atos, Forbes, Arthur D Little, Brussels Airlines and thousands of others. Find out if you're Colt connected now.
2. Learn about digital infrastructure
We've written thousands of guides and white papers, regularly publish content on our blog and host regular events on everything from enterprise network connectivity, to cloud, digital transformation and the hybrid workforce.
3. Join our team
To learn more about joining our team of over 5000 people around the world, and to browse our current open roles visit https://careers.colt.net/.