Colt understands that the lead time for services is important for our customers, and that delivery must be timely and reliable.
The delivery lead times for Colt’s Ethernet Services have been falling even further, as Colt has leveraged strategic investments alongside internal transformation initiatives. This has enabled Colt to publish new, even more competitive delivery targets in its Service Level Agreement. Colt’s customer promise dates (CPDs) remain backed by the same comprehensive guarantee. Whilst the SLA guarantee is still measured relative to the CPD issued with individual service orders, the targets reflect Colt’s improved overall performance.
Lead times are reduced by an average of 15% and the lead time targets for some service categories have been reduced by up to 50%.
Highlights (figures given are in working days):
- LANLink Metro <1Gb reduced from 20 to 15 days for existing service presentation points and from 30 days to 25 days for new service presentation points
- LANLink National <1Gb reduced from 30 to 15 days for existing service presentation points
- LANLink International <1Gb reduced from 45 to 20 days for existing service presentation points and 45 days to 35 days for new service presentation points
- LANLink Metro 1Gb reduced from 40 days to 25 days for existing service presentation points and from 60 days to 30 days for new service presentation points
- LANLink National 1Gb reduced from 60 days to 40 days for both existing and new service presentation points
- LANLink International 1Gb reduced from 60 days to 45 days for existing service presentation points and 60 days to 50 days for new service presentation points
Using Innovation to drive a better customer experience
These enhancements have been critically enabled by Colt’s network investments, which include
- New technologies such as the Ethernet over MSP platform, that enable remote provisioning and full end-to-end testing
- The effective removal of capacity constraints through the deployment of the Infinera optical platform on Colt’s long distance network, which allows 10Gb services to be created on demand and already supports 40Gb and 100Gb services.
- Access network technologies that are simpler and easier to deploy, such as 1G and 10G metro Ethernet devices.
As well as supporting shorter lead times, these technologies have delivered other benefits such as smaller footprint equipment in customer sites with reduced power requirements. They provide the foundation for enhanced features such as proactive fault notification and performance reporting as well as feature standardisation across the Ethernet product range and different access methods.
Building on these capabilities, planned developments include a customer portal for self-service testing and vNID-based monitoring, and a new service activation test procedure with ‘birth certificate’ report based on emergent industry standards.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact us at 0207 390 3900 or talk to your local account manager.
What's your goal today?
1. Are you on the Colt IQ network?
Our network connects over 31,000 buildings worldwide powering companies such as Hitachi, Atos, Forbes, Arthur D Little, Brussels Airlines and thousands of others. Find out if you're Colt connected now.
2. Learn about digital infrastructure
We've written thousands of guides and white papers, regularly publish content on our blog and host regular events on everything from enterprise network connectivity, to cloud, digital transformation and the hybrid workforce.
3. Join our team
To learn more about joining our team of over 5000 people around the world, and to browse our current open roles visit https://careers.colt.net/.