Multinational engineering company ensures network readiness for IoT data.
This engineering and electronics company develops innovative products that touch many aspects of our lives: from the buildings we live and work in, to the cars we drive and the household appliances we use every day. Today the company has a particular focus on the internet of things (IoT):
• Designing IoT-enabled products
• Developing sensors used by automotive and other manufacturers for IoT enablement
• Running a cloud platform for IoT application development
So its data centres are dealing with rapidly expanding volumes of IoT data. To provide the reliable, high-performance bandwidth needed to synchronise and replicate the IoT data between two key data centres in Germany, the company implemented a pair of Colt 100Gbps Private Wave services. Within two years, the data load hit 2.5Tb (2,500Gbps), leading the company to install six more Colt Private Wave services — building in capacity to deal with ongoing growth.
Multinational engineering and electronics company
Mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology, energy and building technology
- High-bandwidth connectivity
- Application availability
- Future capability for further optical service types