Brussels Airlines migrated their Blue One Mobile Crew management application to Oracle Cloud, which was more cost effective and scalable than upgrading existing on-premise infrastructure.
Business drivers – why move to the cloud?
Brussels Airlines decision to migrate their Blue One Mobile Crew management application to a VMWare interface demanded additional data centre resources. Migrating to Oracle Cloud was more cost effective and scalable than upgrading existing on-premise infrastructure.
Brussels Airlines needed to improve end-user performance of their Blue One Mobile Crew management application & future proof business critical applications by moving them to a VMware interface.
This meant a choice between investing in another on-premise data centre or migrating applications to Oracle Cloud. The move to Oracle Cloud met all application performance requirements coupled with reducing their on-premise data centre costs and providing access to IT resources scaleable in real-time.
What Brussels Airlines needed from their connectivity to Oracle Cloud
Brussels Airlines required dedicated, secure, low latency connectivity to Oracle Cloud underpinned by and end to end enterprise grade SLA.
To capture future opportunity and optimize for cost the solution also needed to have the capability scale in line with their IT strategy.
To further streamline and simplify the solution a Managed CPE solution was required.
Colt’s trusted and long-time relationship with Brussels Airlines coupled with;-
- Best in class cloud optimized infrastructure
- Robust security and end to end SLA’s
- Close relationship with and understanding of Oracle Cloud
An end to end 500Mbps secure and dedicated connection with Colt Managed CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) from customer’s on-premise data centre in Brussels to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Frankfurt.
Faster application performance, increased IT resource flexibility and ability to adapt in real-time.
Ultimately delivering a better end to end user experience for their crew which translated into a greater score for on time departures and arrivals.
All whilst driving a shift to an OPEX centric end to end cloud deployment
The Colt difference
- The Colt IQ Network – a 100gbs Intelligent Network, providing a best-in-class service and optimisedfor cloud connectivity.
- Colt demonstrated the value of its managed end-to-end Cloud connectivity solution by ensuring that no additional spend was required on Capex and saving on internal customer IT resources typically required to manage the CPE
- Colt’s proven capabilities and trusted relationship with Brussels Airlines.
To improve end-user performance of their Crew management application & future proof business critical applications.